Memebox LuckyBox #1

by - April 24, 2014

I think I said this the last time I got PACKAGES!!!!! with Korean beauty products in them... I LOVE KOREAN BEAUTY PRODUCTS. In fact, I think that in the near future I might have to make a post about my absolute Holy Grail Kproducts. (That can be a thing, right? Kpop, Kdrama, Kproducts? I like 'em all!) So basically, when I saw some Youtube videos of unboxings of the Memebox, I pretty much instantly coveted all of them in my hot little hands.



Here's a little about Memebox...
The original Memebox comes packed with 4 - 8 full sized products and deluxe samples, carefully curated from Korea to give you the best experience and widest exposure to a range of products.
That's the long and short of it. Unlike a lot of the North American beauty boxes, Memebox is NOT a subscription service. Instead, you sign up and receive emails when new boxes become available. This is both a good thing AND a bad thing. It's a good thing because this enables them to curate many different kinds of boxes (such as a box made up entirely of sheet masks or one dedicated to products including snail slime as an active ingredient) and allow customers to pick and choose which they would like to receive and which they don't have any interest in. On the flip side of the coin, it's a bad thing because they sell out incredibly quickly and so it can be hard to get all of the boxes you want if you don't order them right away.

Of course, that's what LuckyBox is for and that's what I managed to order. This box includes items that were included in the first 6 boxes and all Luckyboxes contain the same products. As noted in the description, these items are all either full sized or very generous sample sizes, and all of the products included in the boxes (I believe) are available for purchase on the Memebox website.

SO let's see what I got...




As you can see, this box came absolutely jam packed with 8 products that focus mainly on skincare but also include 2 cosmetic products - a lip tint and a nail polish.


1. Glory Nail Vegan Lacquer in T-015 Yanggaeng - 15ml FULL SIZE - Retail $20
This nail colour is absolutely beautiful and right up my alley. It's a deep, warm burgundy/gold shimmer that I think will be absolutely amazing for fall. Or maybe for when there's a bonfire about to happen. Honestly, I look at this and I feel a little bit like I have things similar to this in my collection already... but that I feel like it'll really stand up and be beautiful on the nails.

2. Nuganic Customizable Pore Control Essence - 30ml FULL SIZE - Retail $46
... I can't believe they sent a $46 full size product in a $23 beauty box. I swear, my mind is a little bit blown right now. The description of this product says that it's a concentrated serum that refines pores and rebalances skin. It also says that it contains triclosan, salicylic acid, camomile extracts, and white willow bark. I'm definitely willing to give this a go because I absolutely hate my pores and am always looking for something to tighten them up.

3. NoTS 28 Remedy Acne Pore Deep Cleanser - 60ml SAMPLE SIZE - Value $15.50
I'm actually really careful about using products that specifically say that they're for acne because I've had real problems with my dry skin reacting with HORROR when I've tried in the past. In fact, the last time I used a "gentle" cleanser for acne prone skin, I ended up with alligator skin on my nose. I'm not sure that I'm going to risk using this one myself and I feel like I'll give it to someone else who needs it more than I do since it seems like people must have liked this.


4. IOPE Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning - 18ml SAMPLE SIZE - Value $6.45
This one looks... kinda weird. I peeked into the box and it contains a little bottle of the product, which is a clear liquid, and then a little packet of cotton pads. According to the instructions, you saturate the cotton pad with the liquid and then gently press into the skin. It claims that it is an "intensive skin-enhancing program that clears and smooths the skin within 3 days" and "instantly regenerates the skin". Pretty good claim, right? I'm willing to give this one a go, too. 

5. Sep Face Lifting Mask - 30g FULL SIZE - Retail $14
GIVE ME ALL THE SHEET MASKS. Ahem. I really like them. I actually have a few of them in reserve, since I always seem to get sent at least one when I order wonderful things from Korea. Honestly, I'm not sure that I see much of a difference with some of them, but I love them all the same. This one says it's made with a special fabric normally used in shapewear and provides "intensive nutrition, fights against the appearance of wrinkles, brightens skin tone, firms fine lines, and hydrates the skin." Sign me up for some shaping underwear for my face.

6. a:t fox Tea Toc Water Clear Tablet - 3 x 4g FULL SIZE - Value $15
Okay, so... It's really cool that they sent three of these, especially since the instructions on how to use them are a little bit vague. It says to drop it in water after cleansing, wait until it dissolves, and then pat the face with warm water and do not rinse. I assume that it means you use the water with the dissolved tablet in it? I think I might have to do some investigating, because I don't wanna waste these. 

7. Tonymoly Delight Tony Tint in Red - 1.5ml - Value $3
Okay, the value on this one is actually confusing because it says the full size is $3, but I distinctly remembered seeing this sample size on various websites for around that. I double checked and found that most sites that I use have this for around $3 or 2 for $5, and that the 9ml full size is around $6. Don't ask me. I will say, though, that I've been wanting to try this for a while and I'm excited that it's in there. Also, I really don't need a full size of a product like this because it'll likely go bad before I use it up. I tested it out on my lips and it does give a really nice tint without any offensive smell or taste (I'm looking at you, Benetint.) I feel like this could end up being a new staple under a full on red lip and also something I can throw on to give my face a little life on the days (like today) when I chose sleep over grooming in the morning. EDIT: This smells and tastes like cherry flavour. Not cherries, cherry flavour. I'm still into it.


8. Dear by Enprani Bounce Cheese Cream - 30ml SAMPLE SIZE - Value $11.60
This is, by far, the product that got the most attention while I was stalking blogs and looking at Youtubes about this box. I noticed a few people called it Cream Cheese and most just busted out laughing without any idea of what to say. Hey, can you blame them? This is a cream for your face called Bounce Cheese Cream. The description says that this cream has a unique bounce texture from a high concentration of milk serum, also known as Whey, which is a good source of natural protein to perfectly hydrate and firm your skin. I will say... The texture really is super weird, but it smells absolutely amazing and seems to just sink into the skin. Maybe it's actually because this is the weirdest product of the bunch, but it's also the one that I most want to try.

Total Value = $131.55

Am I allowed to say HOLY SHIT right now? Because I paid $23 for this box and ended up with over $130 worth of product. I can barely even handle that.

I've actually got Luckybox #2 on its way from Seoul to me right now and I'm dying to open it up and see if that one can even remotely compare to this one. I'm hoping that it does, because this has seriously made my day. 

Look for reviews of these products in the future (which I'm aware that I always say, but I don't want to prematurely give something any kind of thumb movement until I really know how I feel about it.) 

You May Also Like

0 comments