REVIEW: BITE Beauty Deluxe Matte Lip Crayon in Glacé

by - November 17, 2014


So, it's no secret that I'm pretty much obsessed with all things BITE. I would even go so far as to say that BITE takes the crown for my ultimate favorite lip products lately. So, of course, when I saw these BITE Mix N Mingle Lip Mini's, it took everything in me to keep from putting all of them in my Sephora basket so that I could bask in the BITE wonder. I mean, I do have to be a little bit responsible with my spending, right? Right? But this one, in the shade Glacé, is the new release that I've heard the most about and was one I'd had my eye on since it was released and there was really no stopping me from picking it up during the recent VIB sale at Sephora.

Keep reading for my thoughts.



From the Sephora website: 
Deluxe Matte Lip Crayon
BITE’s latest breakthrough formula boasts a collection of beautiful nudes, striking reds, and deep burgundies with a matte yet moist texture. The secret is the moisture-locking power of orange peel wax along with the antioxidant properties of resveratrol. The colors are water-resistent, and long wearing.


As ever, the packaging on the BITE products makes me happy every time. Sleek and smooth with a mid-toned grey rubberized matte finish, this slim tube is perfect for tossing in your purse on the go. Now, granted, my purse tends to be overflowing with a million different lip products, but the format of this one makes it likely that it'll be one that ends up getting transferred over to smaller bags when my purse objective is light and convenient for carrying around for extended periods. This is a twist up product, which means that there is no need to sharpen it, but while the bottom does pop off it doesn't include a sharpener to bring the product back to a point which is definitely a disappointment for me.


Described on the Sephora website as a "dusty mauve", this shade is an incredibly wearable your-lips-but-better type shade that I think would work for a great many different skin tones. On my pale skin, it reads a little bit warmer and deeper than my natural lip shade and I think it fits quite well into the 90s lip trend that I generally hate, with enough pink to make me actually kind of love it. The pigmentation of this product is definitely on par with other BITE products that I've tried and applies easily to an opaque, full colour finish.

This product carries a little more shine than I would typically expect from a matte lip product when first applied, but not nearly enough to be considered a créme finish. As it sets on the lips, it does dry to a more traditional matte finish. This product feels soft and creamy when applied and wears quite comfortably. I prefer to apply any matte lip product after moisturizing my lips with a balm and that goes for this as well. My lips have been a little bit dry due to the change of seasons, though, and I haven't found that this emphasizes that or clings to my dryer patches. As with most of the BITE products that I've tried, wear time is really impressive without compromising comfort.


This product contains 0.03oz of product, while the full size contains 0.05oz. The retail value is $16.80, while the cost is $15.00, making this a slightly better deal than the full size. 

I must say that I'm hugely impressed with this product and it is added to the list of BITE products that I love. I've been wearing it pretty constantly since I bought it and have found that it looks great with all kinds of different eye looks and cheek colours. It's a really good neutral for me, I think, and great for every day wear.

I would highly recommend this product if you're looking for this type of shade and formula, as I would recommend all of the other BITE products that I've tried in the past. This is a limited edition format, available at Sephora for Holiday 2014, but this is not a limited edition shade and is available full size in the permanent line.

XO.

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Really enjoying your reviews! Now I really want this lipstick... enabler!
    I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award - the details are in my latest post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!! And really, I get an incredible amount of glee over enabling others... is that bad?

      Delete
  2. Haha no, I don't think it can be helped! Shows your review was effective, too ;)

    ReplyDelete