REVIEW: CoverGirl Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

by - December 03, 2014


I featured this foundation in my November Favorites, before I had gotten around to reviewing it, but I still felt like this needed a review. Even if there's no surprise left as to whether or not I liked it. I love it. And I am very, very surprised by that. I'm pretty picky when it comes to foundation and it's hard to surpass the foundations that I've had a longtime love for, but sometimes I venture into uncharted territory and give a new one a chance and they blow my mind. That's where I'm at with this one. And with a retail price of $7.99 (and often on sale for less) this is not only a really great foundation, but a really great foundation that's startlingly affordable.

Keep reading for more thoughts on this little bit of budget friendly awesomeness...


From the Covergirl website:
Get insta-gorgeous with Ready Set Gorgeous! This liquid foundation's oil-free formula provides medium coverage to even skin tone and cover imperfections. The result is a flawless, natural look that lasts all day.

The built-in powder system fights against shine, pulling oil and sweat AWAY from your face instead of trapping them under your foundation. Pair with the entire instaGLAM collection for a glam look on the go.


This product is packaged in a tube that reminds me a lot of the Covergirl foundations that I wore when I was a teenager and the packaging was something new and different. I actually don't mind this kind of packaging, even though I definitely prefer a glass bottle with a pump. Obviously, this packaging is part of what keeps this foundation so affordable, and that's always a good thing. Also, I do like a squeeze tube nearly as much as a pump for squeezing the right amount of product for application to the back of my hand as it's still fairly sanitary. The packaging combined with the oil free claims made me think that this was intended for younger skin than what I have, which is why I didn't pick it up as soon as it came out, but I can guarantee you that this foundation works on my 30-something skin quite well.



I think I was expecting this product to be more like a cream, but it is definitely a liquid foundation. It isn't runny in texture, which is I appreciate, and I find it really easily blendable into the skin. I find the finish to be very natural and skin-like even after two layers to bump up the coverage. One layer of this foundation gives solid medium coverage and it easily builds to full coverage with a second layer. I haven't experienced any caking with this foundation and I haven't noticed it setting into any of my fine lines and imperfections on the face. I find that it does set to a natural matte finish, managing to keep from looking too shiny or too dry. I haven't had any issues with this clinging to any dry patches on my skin either.

My preferred way to apply this is first with my fingers all over the skin and then a little bit of buffing with a brush to make sure everything is blended and seamless. Honestly, it really does feel like a no brainer to me when it comes to application.



I went with the shade 115 Buff Beige for my NW20 skin and I find that it really is pretty much a perfect match for me. The shade selection is pretty good, though I can't speak to how deep the deepest shade actually is, but it is available in 12 shades that seem to go fairly deep from what I can tell. I also feel like this is a good product if you need to mix two shades to get a perfect match, because it's still so affordable to buy two.

My overall thoughts are HUGELY positive on this product. I would recommend trying it to pretty much any skin type, because I feel like the formula is pretty universal. It's very middle of the road and natural though, so if you're looking for something really matte or really dewy, this isn't the best option for you.

So there you have it... Pretty much a longer winded version of what I said in my favorites... Oh well!

Hope your day is fantastic!


You May Also Like

0 comments