CBB GUEST POST: March 2015

by - March 19, 2015

Hello everyone! My name is Chelle, and I blog about makeup with a side of fitness over on Makeup Your Mind. I’m reporting in for duty here on Trysh’s blog for the monthly Canadian Beauty Bloggers guest post – the theme of this month being green. Not one to go subtle, I decided to take that colour and fly with it!

201503_chelleguestpost1

I went for a dark, smoky green look with sharp winged liner and easy to wear lips (because really, how the hell else was I going to match anything to my eyeshadows?!).

201503_chelleguestpost2

And I love the outcome! It’s more wearable than I thought it would be. If this really isn’t a look you’d wear outside of the house, maybe you can take inspiration from the colours and technique. One way to make this more wearable would be to completely eliminate the lower lash line makeup – it would cause the look to be dramatic without going overboard.

201503_chelleguestpost3

But since I do enjoy going overboard, I stuck with the lower lash wings.

201503_chelleguestpost4

To get the look, read on.

201503_chelleguestpost5

Eyes

  1. Makeup Geek Appletini on the inner two thirds of the lid.
  2. Makeup Geek Shark Bait on the outer third of the lid.
  3. Makeup Geek Envy through the crease and right through to the eyebrow.
  4. Shark Bait was then patted and blended along the upper edge of where Envy was blended through the crease.
  5. On the brow bone is Makeup Geek Vanilla Bean.
  6. On the inner tearduct and on the very outer edge of the eye, I applied Naked Cosmetics‘ pale green from the Ivory stack.

To get the dramatic winged liner, I used Catrice‘s Dating Joe Black liquid liner. Go slowly with this! I then lined my upper and lower water line with Urban Decay‘s Black Velvet liner. I applied CoverGirl‘s Clump Crusher mascara to my lashes and threw on a pair of J. Cat lashes in EL13. To amp up the crease, I patted on some Too Faced Glitter Glue and layered on some (super ancient) Tony + Tina silver glitter.

Rest of the Face

  • Foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in shades 51 Light Vanilla and 52 Vanilla mixed together
  • Bronzer: Joe Fresh Sand
  • Blush: Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Natural
  • Lips: Wet n Wild 903C Just Peachy with NYX‘s Butter Gloss in Tiramisu on top

What’s your favourite way to wear green makeup? Eyeshadow? A liner? Maybe even green lips?
;)


You May Also Like

0 comments