FAVORITES: August 2015

by - September 01, 2015


It's weird for me how easily this favorites post came together. It's likely because I've really been reaching for all of these products really consistently throughout the month and there was just no question that they were the ones that needed to be blogged for my favorites this month. Trust me when I tell you it's not usually quite this easy. It also doesn't hurt that this is a very, very makeup heavy favorites post. My eye looks have been pretty varied over the last month, from very light and simple to very experimental... Well, experimental for me, anyway. For me, August is all about glowing, healthy looking skin and a kind of ease, so that's sort of the direction that these favorites are heading. Anyway, without further adieu...

Keep reading to take a look at my VERY makeup heavy August favorites!



GLAMGLOW YOUTHCLEANSE Daily Exfoliating Cleanser
You may recall that I got this in my August Glossybox and I was INCREDIBLY excited (and a little nervous because of the cost) to try it. It lived up to every one of my expectations, I have to say. I like this cleanser because it really leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean without any dryness or tightness, which can actually be really hard for me to find. It has a gentle exfoliation that feels effective but not uncomfortable, which is a fine line for me. Overall, I'm really happy with this and it's going on the list of products to invest in. 

SEPHORA The Natural Citrus Brush Cleanser
You guys will know, if you read the review I did recently on this product, that I really, really like it. I've found that it's been making my daily makeup application a lot easier because I don't have to worry about my favorite brushes being dirty when I go to do my makeup (because I am definitely a bit of a slacker when it comes to giving them a deep clean.) If you haven't tried this, I highly recommend it. It's definitely a repurchase for me.

Balance Me Congested Skin Serum
This is a product that I received in my August Birchbox and it is definitely the stand out of the box for me. I tend to struggle a lot with clogged pores and I found that this instantly brought all of that congestion to the surface and has been helping to clear up the little bumps along my cheeks beautifully. I have a feeling that this will definitely be a future repurchase for me.


Dr. G Beyond Young Bling Bling Cream
I received this in a Memebox quite some time ago but never really got into using it until recently. It's got GREAT coverage and I find it sits really well on my skin without leaving me looking overly shiny - which is definitely something I was worried about considering the name. I've been reaching for this a lot on those days when I don't really want or have time to do a full face of makeup, because it's incredibly easy and effective. I would repurchase this if I had any idea where I could get it, I think.

it Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer
This has basically been sitting unused with my other concealers since I got it in my November Ipsy Bag last year, because I didn't like it the first couple of times I used it. It was only recently that I got inspired to use it after seeing it work brilliantly on a Youtuber that I like and I found that this time I really, really loved it. It has amazing coverage that really holds on. You absolutely have to set this with powder or it will crease insanely, but once it's been set it's there for the long haul. 

Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Cameo
So I have been hearing about this powder for ages and had considered ordering it online a few times, but never pulled the trigger. I recently saw it in a store that sells stage makeup and I grabbed it up right away - and I love it. This is a beautiful, finely milled powder that really looks like nothing on the skin, and I absolutely love it. However, look for a FACE OFF featuring this powder in the near future!


Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Magic
For me, this is the perfect pink blush. It's a very neutral shade that isn't too cool or too warm, and it just gives me a pretty summer flush to my cheeks that goes with pretty much any makeup look. Like... pretty much everyone, I love the formula of the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes and (if this is still available - Might have been limited edition) I would highly recommend picking it up to anyone with a fair to medium skin tone.

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzer in Fair
How did it take me so long to get my hands on this? This is another product that I reach for when I don't want to think too hard about what I'm putting on my face. It's incredibly light, so this is definitely a shade only for those of us who are fair to light (though it does come in, I believe, three other shades) and gives a nice, healthy warmth to the skin without looking orange or muddy. It's a really pretty formula and I feel like it really does last on me all day. It has definitely jumped to the top of the heap of bronzers in my collection.

ModelCo BLUSH Cheek Powder in Peach Bellini
When I first got this in my Ipsy bag earlier this year, I was incredibly disappointed because I felt like the shade could never look good on me, but now that I have a little it of colour in my skin and am paying more attention to bronzing I think it's actually quite flattering. It has a great formula that is creamy and silky and holds well on the skin. I use a light hand with this and I feel like it gives me a really healthy summer glow. Don't know how much use this will get in the colder months, but I definitely like it for summer.


essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris
This is a rediscovered product from the collection that I haven't used in a very, very long time. For me, gel eyeliner has always been a little bit tricky because I didn't have the skills for it, but once I got the brush that you'll read about below I found myself reaching for this constantly because it's just so easy, stays absolutely all day, and looks really polished and chic. I am definitely on the gel eyeliner train again!

essence Precise Eyeliner Brush
How did I not know about this brush? This brush is AMAZING and after I had used this one a few times, I went out and bought a second one to use for my brows. It's SO TINY and precise that it just makes applying cream and gel products a dream. Seriously, if you haven't tried this brush, I believe it's only $2.49 and worth every single penny. I would recommend this especially for people who don't have as much experience applying gel liner, because it kind of makes it a no brainer. I think I need about 5 more backups - you know, just in case!

Have you tried any of these products? Also, I'd love to hear what you were loving through August!

Thanks for reading!

You May Also Like

0 comments