REVIEW: LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask*

by - September 29, 2015

*Product was provided by Influenster


Does anyone else have one (or more) of those products that you've literally been dying to try for years, but haven't ever actually picked up? For me, it's the LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask (which I've been coveting long enough that in my mind it will forever be the Water Sleeping Pack - What's up, K-Beauty?) From the very first K-Beauty order that I made, where I picked up my first legit Korean BB cream, this cult favorite product has been on my wishlist. I've even tried a lot of different overnight masks/packs with the question of whether it was as good as this one at the forefront of my mind. I swear, in my mind this was literally the best thing ever in skin care. Impossible standards, right? Which, I think, is why it took me so long to actually try it. Of course, when I got the opportunity to try it from Influenster as a part of their #lovingLANEIGE campaign, it was with a lot of excitement and a little dash of fear that it wouldn't live up to the expectations I had built for it... 

So, how did it measure up? Keep reading for more!




From Sephora:
What it is:
An overnight, revitalizing gel mask that absorbs instantly and works while you sleep to deeply hydrate skin.

What it is formulated to do:
Recharge dehydrated skin overnight. This unique mask is formulated with highly concentrated ionized mineral water and ceramides to deliver intense doses of moisture to stressed, parched skin. Aromatic Sleepscent™—orange flower, rose, and sandalwood—relaxes and rejuvenates while apricot and chestnut extracts exfoliate, brighten, and purify fatigued skin. The result: skin looks and feels radiant, refreshed, and soft. Wake up to soft, glowing skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
This product is dermatologist tested, noncomedogenic, and recommended for all skin types. LANEIGE does not test ingredients or products on animals.

This product is a sort of thin, gel consistency that sinks into the skin very quickly without leaving behind any sticky residue like a lot of other sleeping masks that I've used. I'm not the hugest fan of the scent, but I can understand why they went with it because I can see it being a very relaxing scent for a lot of people. It comes with a small spatula, which I love since I'm not a fan of dipping my fingers into potted products. I like to do the smallest dip and dab product on each of my cheeks, my forehead and chin, and then blend everything out with my fingers. It really is super easy and you don't have to work too hard or wait to long for it to sink in. 


For me, there's officially no question as to why this is a cult favorite product. I've been using this every other day since I got it (which may be more often than you're supposed to, but I don't think this is the type of product that's going to overload your skin) and each time I've used it I've woken up with skin that both looks and feels absolutely amazing. With a lot of overnight masks, I wake up with a kind of heavy feeling on the skin, but with this one I feel like it just leaves my skin looking and feeling clean and fresh without the feeling of there being product there. 

I definitely feel like this plumps and brightens my skin and I've had really good makeup days (which I chalk up to having really good skin days) when I've used it. It might not be the most mind blowing product I've ever used in my life, but I definitely think it lives up to its claims and could be a great product for pretty much any skin type, since it packs a lot of moisture without being heavy or overwhelming on the skin.

Thanks for reading... Now go pick this up! LANIEGE is officially available in Canada now, exclusively at Sephora! 

You May Also Like

0 comments