REVIEW: Clean & Clear Pore Perfect Routine*

by - October 26, 2015



To be really honest, skin care has become probably the most significant part of my entire beauty routine - especially since starting this blog. I've had the chance to try out a lot of products and I'm consistently working on figuring out which products work the best for my skin. Recently, I had the opportunity to try out the Clean & Clear Pore Perfect Routine*. To be honest, I was really skeptical at first because I'd always thought of Clean & Clear as a line of skin care that was more targeted for teenage skin issues. In fact, when I was a teenager I actually did use Clean & Clear and I remember really liking it, but it had been years since I had tried anything from the brand. I have normal to dry 30something skin and I definitely struggle with clogged pores more than anything. It's really only been in the past few years that clogged pores have really been a problem for me, I used to get active breakouts more when my skin was a little more oily, and I've  been really actively searching for a routine that will combat that. I've been using this line consistently in my skin care routine for a couple of weeks and I'm ready to give you my thoughts!

Keep reading to take a closer look at these three products and check out my review!



CLEAN & CLEAR® Deep Action Cream Cleanser removes dirt, oil and make-up deep down to the pores as you wash your face. Its oil-free formula won’t clog your pores and will leave your skin feeling cool and fresh, with the unmistakable tingle of really clean skin.

This was definitely the product I was worried most about in this line, because when I think of Clean & Clear I think of acne, and when I think of acne cleansers I think about running in the opposite direction for fear of turning my skin into a something akin to reptillian scales. Cue my overwhelming pleasant surprise at the fact that this is by far my favorite of these 3 products and I've been using it morning and night to cleanse my skin ever since I got it. Since this is a cream cleanser (rather than a foam) I find it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight at all, even though it absolutely feels clean after I use it. It also leaves behind a really pleasant and refreshing cooling feeling on the skin that I absolutely love - especially in the morning.


Tackle your blackheads with the Blackhead Clearing Astringent. This astringent is specially formulated to reach deep down to the pores to remove dirt and oil from your skin – the facial impurities that can lead to blackheads, pimples and acne.

I'm actually pretty new to the world of acid toners, but I know I've definitely said in the recent past that I'm a full out convert. Let me tell you a little story about the first time I used this... Like so many women, even when my skin is at its best, that time of the month usually leaves me with at least one horrifying pimple-so-ghastly-that-it-needs-a-scarier-name. Of course, that's where I was at the first time I used this product. So when I woke up the following morning and the size of the break out was significantly diminished and there was no more tenderness on that spot, I was an instant convert. At 1% Saliculic Acid, I feel like this is a phenomenal option of an acid toner that really works and is easily available at the drugstore for an affordable price. If you've been thinking about dipping your toe into the world of acid toners, I really do feel like this is a great place to start.


CLEAN & CLEAR® ESSENTIALS Dual Action Moisturizer combines oil-free moisture with a proven acne-fighting ingredient. It can help to moisturize dry skin while treating and helping to prevent breakouts and pimples. It leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth and looking its best. The active acne-fighting ingredient, Salicylic Acid, cleans deep into pores, while the special moisture formula won’t dry out your face.

I actually used to use this moisturizer pretty religiously. I don't actually remember why I stopped using it, but it was weirdly comforting to start trying it out again. For me, I actually prefer to use this as a daytime treatment more than a moisturizer, because it doesn't pack quite enough moisture for me to use on its own as the weather gets colder and my skin gets drier. However, as a treatment used on my cheeks, which is where I tend to really struggle with clogged pores, I really like this product.


I have to say that overall I'm really surprised and impressed with how much I love these products. If I was going to recommend only one product from this line, it would be absolutely be the Deep Action Cream Cleanser, because for me that's the real stand out. It does an incredible job of really cleansing my skin without stripping it and leaves my skin feeling clean and hydrated. I would also really highly recommend the Blackhead Clearing Astringent, especially for people who are just dipping their toes into acid toners, because it does a phenomenal job of dealing with both active breakouts and preventing clogged pores. As to the Dual Action Moisturizer, I would recommend this for people who have oil skin and are in need of a little less moisture, but I also find it to be a really great treatment even on my normal to dry skin. 

If you're like me and you haven't really thought about trying Clean & Clear because it seemed like it was meant for younger skin, I would definitely recommend taking another look at the brand because there are some real gems here!


Thanks for reading!



You May Also Like

0 comments